Jack City

My name is Scott Miles. I'm a Cleveland native and a die-hard Cleveland sports fan. I am in my second year at Capital University where I write for the school paper, work in the Sports Information Department, and used to play baseball and golf. This blog focuses on Cleveland and Ohio State sports, along with Capital. Feel free to give me feedback!

Friday, September 08, 2006

I have been asked quite frequently this past week my prediction for the Ohio State-Texas matchup. I also have a class assignment that requires me to write a poem. Hmmmm...

The Rematch

A state full of chatter,
Only one thing could matter.
A new dawn now arising,
What could be so mesmerizing?

Last year, oh so close,
To upending our Southern foes.
One question, I'll ask quick -
Why did Tressel stay so long with Zwick?

But that was then, this is now,
A new leaf has taken its bow.
Their queen bee has already stung,
Gone to the pros, bye bye Vince Young.

Ted Ginn, so fast, with speed to burn,
When will defenses ever learn?
Poor Tarell Brown, he had some doubt,
Trouble with the law, now he's out.

Now we've got the best man at the helm,
Making plays out of this realm.
With football in hand, moves so lithe,
Of course I'm talking about Troy Smith.

Our D is young, but so is their O,
At QB, some puny freshman Joe Schmo.
Fierce battles, though, in the trenches,
Big sweaty men - that's where the stench is.

'Tis number one and number two,
Who wins, I've no clue.
But I'm pulling hard for my OSU Bucks,
To beat up on those Texas...


Alright, I changed the last stanza for my class assignment ("A great game it shall be/ The whole country will be glued to the TV") because I don't know if my professor would be cool with ending a poem with such profanity. But you get the point.
Scott's Totally Unbiased Prediction: Ohio State 35, Texas 31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home