Jack City

My name is Scott Miles. I'm a Cleveland native and a die-hard Cleveland sports fan. I am in my second year at Capital University where I write for the school paper, work in the Sports Information Department, and used to play baseball and golf. This blog focuses on Cleveland and Ohio State sports, along with Capital. Feel free to give me feedback!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Even though the Cavs went 15-for-30 from the free throw line and committed 16 turnovers -they had so many passes intercepted in the first half, I thought Tim Couch was playing out there - they pulled out a 97-94 season opening win against the Washington Wizards.

I don't know how happy to feel right now. We held Gilbert Arenas to seven points on 2-of-12 shooting, Larry Hughes was lights out in scoring a game-high 27 points, LeBron James was LeBron James...and we still only won by three at home?

You know what? I'll take it. It's game one of an 82 game season, the Wizards are a respectable enough opponent, and I'm sure the Cavs will make some improvements. Right? Right. Please be right.

Now, some other quick thoughts:

- I love the new floor at the "Q". Very, very nice touch.
- It's nice to see the Cavs let Ira Newble keep his jersey this year. I think he's going to be one of the ball boys next season.
- LeBron James is... (fill in any apt adjective, they all work).
- Eddie Jordan and the actor from "Crash" and "Hustle and Flow" are exactly the same people. No doubt in my mind.

And some reactions to the game from the Solon boys:
Stuart Zaas - "Nice way to start the year"
Brian Rosen - "Life's good"
Brian Marks - "Back the fuck up!"

("He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!" Thanks Marks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home